“If you think hiring a professional is expensive, wait until you hire an amateur”
You don’t have to be qualified to do these but Peter is a qualified building inspector with a Diploma of Building Surveying, qualified Pest Inspector (Certificate 3), qualified to take Asbestos samples, Qualified in Pool Barrier Inspections and also overseas two inspectors who have been with him and trained alongside with him for 8 years.
You don’t have to be insured to do these – we all are – 2021-2022 Certificate of Currency
Peter runs Mr Inspector and has been doing pre-purchase building inspections since 2004 and his qualifications include the following –
1. Diploma of Building Surveying (Qualified Building Inspector as per the Building Act 1993)
2. Certificate 3 in Asset Maintenance (Pest Management Technical) inspect and report on timber pests.
3. Certificate of Non Friable Asbestos Awareness and Removal.
4. Certified Swimming Pool and Spa Barrier Inspector – click Pool Qualification VBAISP2020_7085286
Paul is a licensed Timber Pest inspector and controller and been in the construction industry for 20 years and Jack is a fully qualified carpenter and timber pest inspector.
It is important that whoever inspects your home has some building qualification and they should have vast experience in the building industry.
OUR FEES INCLUDE GST
BUILDING INSPECTION ONLY or a TIMBER PEST INSPECTION ONLY
60-90 page inspection report on major defects, minor defects, maintenance issues and safety hazards – emailed on same day.
1-2 bedroom – $495
3-4 bedroom – $595
5 bedroom – $695
6 bedroom – $795
COMBINED BUILDING & TERMITE INSPECTION – MOST POPULAR
Includes a 60-130 Page building and termite inspection report on major defects, minor defects, maintenance issues, safety hazards, termites, borer & timber fungal decay – All emailed on the same day.
1-2 bedroom – $595
3-4 bedroom – $695
5 bedroom – $795
6 bedroom – $895
7 bedroom – $995
HANDOVER INSPECTIONS ON NEW DWELLINGS
Includes – full report as per defects in Guide to Tolerances & Standards 2015 and photographs (typically 80-150 pages), follow up consultation with builders, trades etc and reinspect when rectified. Does not include appliances, land size and dwelling dimensions/size.
NOTE – If the developer/builder has only given you 30-60 minutes we will not do this for you sorry – these can take 2- 4 hours.
1-2 Bedroom – $880.00
3-4 Bedroom – $990.00
5-6 Bedroom – $1100.00
NOTE: An additional fee for distances outside CBD will apply – $100 for 30-50 km, $200 for 51 km to 70 km, $300 for 71 km to 100 km, $400 for 101 km to 150 km.
CANCELLATION – A cancellation Fee of up to $300 may apply if we are not notified within 5 hours of the confirmed Inspection time.
THINGS TO DO AND ASK WHEN LOOKING FOR COMPETENT INSPECTORS
- Get a sample report from them to start with. Then you will know what you are paying for. Text me on 0409495949 and i’ll send you a link We don’t have it here because others copied us.
- Request a copy of the certificate of insurance – some say they carry their own insurance which means they are not insured. Mine is above.
- Request their qualifications – mine are above.
- Ask if the inspector does verbal only reports (no report) for a cheaper fee? If they say yes, its likely they are not insured because insurance companies won’t cover verbal reports.
- What time can I call you after the inspection? Some close at 5 p.m. We’re available on mobile to 10.30 p.m.
- Does the report contain labelled photographs of defects?
- Is the report at least 60 pages in length?
- Is the report emailed on the same day?
Once you have confirmed the above points, you will know exactly what you are getting for your money and you’ll be covered if anything goes wrong.
You can pay Mr Inspector by Visa Card, Master Card, cash or Internet Banking. We can only send you the inspection reports once we have either received payment or confirmation of payment if you are internet banking.