The Mr Inspector Difference
No one needs to be qualified in Victoria to conduct pre-purchase building and pest inspections, but we are. Peter is a qualified building inspector in Melbourne, having completed a diploma of Building Surveying.
We have been conducting pre-purchase building inspections Melbourne wide since 2004 and assisted over 12,000 home buyers make an informed decision prior to purchasing a home. Our building inspection reports tell you what the problems are, where they are and what is required to rectify them, including photographs of defects.
Having a vast knowledge of the building inspection industry in Melbourne, Mr Inspector was engaged by a Sydney based company to assist in the set up a defects list for building inspection reporting software. This house inspection software is being used by Building Inspectors in Melbourne and Australia wide.
Being a Qualified Building Inspector, Mr Inspector has raised the standard in the unregulated house inspection service industry in Melbourne.
We possess an intimate knowledge in all aspects of Building Defects, the Building Act 1993, the Building Regulations 2006. the Building Code of Australia, Residential Timber Framed Construction AS 1684.2 2006 and Residential Slabs and Footings Construction AS 2870 – 1996 .
Mr Inspectors building inspection reports are the most comprehensive in Melbourne with over 1000 potential defects we need to check off before completing the house inspection.
Mr Inspector will email your building and pest inspection reports on the same day because we know how important the results are to you.
Mr Inspector makes himself available up to 11.00 p.m. to assist you with any questions about the building inspection report.
Mr Inspector carries professional indemnity insurance to carry out pre-purchase building and pest inspections in Melbourne.
- We hold $1,000,000 professional indemnity insurance.
- We are also members of the highly regarded Master Builders Association of Victoria.
Our qualifications include –
- Assess Construction Faults in Residential Buildings.
- Assess Structural Requirements for Domestic Scale Buildings.
- Apply Footing & Geomechanical Design Principals to Domestic Scale Buildings.
- Assess Timber Framed Designs for 1 and 2 storey buildings.
- Evaluate Materials for Construction of Domestic Scale Buildings.
- Apply Building Codes & Standards to Residential Buildings.
- Apply Building Surveying Procedures to Residential Buildings.
- Undertake Site Surveys and Set out procedures for Building Projects.
- Apply Building Control Legislation to Building Surveying.
- Apply Principles of Energy Efficient Design to Buildings.
- Apply Legislation to Urban Development and Building Controls.
- Assess the Impact of Fire on Building Materials.
- Produce Work Drawings for Residential Buildings.